Questionable Ordering Behavior - Guidance Needed

Hello BrickOwl Community,

So I just had an individual place 3 small orders from my store, he combined the orders so he would only have to pay 1 shipping fee (which is totally reasonable), and then he requested that I cancel the first order which was the only order tied to a shipping fee. I accepted that this order would be a loss for me as I do not know how to "untie" the shipping fees and reassign a shipping cost back to the other combined orders (is this even possible?). But now he just sent me an email stating that he did not want the entire first order to be cancelled and so I should just add the other items in when shipping his 2nd and 3rd orders. I already shipped out his 2nd and 3rd orders so now I am left with a bit of a dilemma. Should I just be beyond generous and ship those other items to him totally free of charge (even though his behavior thus far seems somewhat questionable and he has not paid any shipping fees) or do I advise him to create a new cart and risk him giving me negative reviews? I am somewhat new to BrickOwl so I would prefer not to receive negative reviews but I am also not in a position to be giving out inventory and shipping it free to charge. If I decide to block him as a customer, would this also block any potential negative reviews he might write?

Thank you in advance for your guidance - I really appreciate it!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You should ask them to place the order again if it's all cancelled. I don't see any problem with doing that, due to them asking for it to be cancelled in the first place.

You should have only refunded the parts on the 1st order keeping the shipping as that's part of the combined order.
    Do you have a combining order fee to cover the cost of each PayPal transaction?
    Any additional weight of the combined orders should automatically have the extra cost added to the shipping.
    I don't think blocking a customer would stop their feedback.
  • For doing refunds.
    Click on an order and then click 'more actions'
    You should see the option for a 'refund'
    Here you can choose to just refund 1 part to all of the parts.
    Or you could just refund shipping, I sometimes find I can ship for cheaper than the customers paid. So I can refund part of the postage with ease this way.

I recently had a customer unhappy with some yellow plates slightly off colour.
    It was very easy using the refund option to just refund 5 parts.
  • Thank you so much! This is very helpful feedback!