export set inventory?

Is it possible to export a set inventory in XML format or similar? There is a set on Brickowl but not on Bricklink and I'd like to add it to Bricklink.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Whether it is possible or not. Brick link rules say you should have the set in hand in order to add an inventory.
  • Whether it is possible or not. Brick link rules say you should have the set in hand in order to add an inventory.
    Well, you can also do the inventory with the instructions, in hand or pdf. Just they don't approve the extras, but the inventory yes.
  • edited September 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Stellar
    I'm still one of the 60 approved inventory verifiers on BL and you know what annoys me most with inventories done from instruction or PDF's: molds and unfinished sets...
    People do not have the set in hand and submit inventories with incorrect molds, then other people need to rectify all that, and in worst case, sets get a whole bunch of unnecessary 'alternates', which makes the inventories unreliable... Then those same people keep 'inventories' stuck 'unfinished' because they need to submit stickers and minifigs and they simply can't because they don't have the set, in the mean while people who do have the set in hand can't do the inventory, and also 'lack' submitting figs and stickers because they don't wanna do the hard work while someone else is profiting from their submissions to get the inventories finished *sigh* (and just living that particular issue with set 75159 that I had 'in hand' a week ago, and right now it's a mess)
    Bottom line: either do a set when you have it in hand and willing to go from A to Z (and know how to do it), and be accurate, or simply don't... At least someone else will do it correctly.

I'm actually quite glad the BO inventory system ain't like that, at least one can work on 'unfinished' jobs unlike to what happens on BL...
    The only incoveniance here are the automated 'alternates'.
  • edited September 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @RobErNat
    I have done this one time (70311-1), and the Inventory Verifier that approved it, told me:
    I am reviewing the inventory you have submitted for this set. Thank you for contributing to the BrickLink catalog. I see you have listed your Source as 'Instructions'. We prefer submitters to have their sets in hand in order to verify the part variations and Extras. Do you have a copy of this set? Please let me know! Otherwise, I can still approve the inventory, but not the Extras.
    I replied that I would receive it next week and that I just done the inventory so when receiving the set I could part out it.

In this case the minifigs were already done.

Thanks for the explanation, I understand it better now.

Sergio
  • Thanks for replies but I'm a bit confused (and annoyed?) by all the comments about not having the set. I *do* have the set. And I would check all the parts against actual contents, but thought it easier to start with an almost-finished inventory, rather than from scratch.