Paypal ShipNow Gone? (Canadians Only)

Like I'm sure many of you do, I rely heavily on Paypal's ShipNow function when shipping orders paid via Stripe. For several weeks now, I have been unable to get it to work, and from searching other forums it appears it might have been discontinued here in Canada. Has anyone else noticed this, and how are you dealing with it? I know we can ship through the Canada Post website, but Light Packet USA, my most frequent package type, is not available there. Yes, I know I can go to the Post Office, but with 4 small children in tow everywhere I go, I appreciate having my parcels all labelled and ready to go so I can just drop them off in a 1 minute visit without having to wait in line. I'm also concerned that the shipping discounts I'm accustomed to through Paypal won't be available for customers with Stripe payments anymore. Thoughts?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Paypal disabled the /shipnow link. That being said, you can still print as many shipping labels as you want for an existing transaction, and just change the address (including the country).

The only drawback is that the person who made the original transaction will receive an email notification.

I suggest all Canadian sellers to pair up and send each other $0.01 every month, just to have a dummy transaction from which to print shipping labels, without spamming an existing customer with false shipment notifications.
  • In my desperation tonight, I noticed that loophole and did just that, and only realized afterwards my previous customer will get a confusing email.

I've heard suggestions of making a small payment to a family member to use for shipments, but I'm also happy to help out any fellow BrickOwl members by sending a dummy payment - just send me a message. It's hard enough for Canadian sellers to compete with American ones - a loss of the PayPal shipping discount could be disastrous!
  • I dont know if this feature will be different for Canada vs US, but I just discovered that if I use the paypal multi order shipping feature, you can create a fresh label by clicking on "file" and "create new order". This creates a order just as if they had paid with paypal. Soooo much easier since the tracking number is also more easily available. I believe I discovered this via a youtube video so you can search that if needed.
  • I've seen this suggested elsewhere, but from all accounts it doesn't work on the Canadian Paypal page. I'll look into it, though, just in case. Thanks for the advice.