New Forum Look

Just thought I'd have a quick go.
Used to have problems posting from my iPad and editing text was very tricky!
I think this is working better.

Comments

• 30 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Liking it so far :-)
  • And votes for individual comments
  • Photos are resizing properly as well on iPad. :-)
  • Lawrence
    Just had a notification that you'd posted on here but couldn't see anything.
    Went to post on your recent Forum Topic and the comment box was missing.
    I clicked on quote and it said I didn't have permission.
  • Oops, that's because I put it in announcements, I've moved it into a category you can actually post in now
  • Not bad, though I'm not sure I like the color scheme... For example, I think we could use more contrast for the pale blue thread names over a pale gray background.

In this thread, I see Lawrence's post at 7:50 between Markyd7's comments at 7:06 and 7:07? Comments should probably appear in chronological order. :p
  • @Stragus does it still look crap if you do CTRL+SHIFT+R?
  • I'm presently on a tablet, I'm not sure how to force a complete reload on such a device. :)

Also, I now have a red notification symbol next to my name in the forum tab, but clicking it only says "You changed your profile picture" under Activity.

• In this thread, I see Lawrence's post at 7:50 between Markyd7's comments at 7:06 and 7:07? Comments should probably appear in chronological order. :p
    @Stragus are you sorting by votes rather than date added?
  • @Stragus are you sorting by votes rather than date added?
    Maybe? I don't see where to change such a setting, where is it? Again, this is on a tablet, so any action that demands a "cursor over" are out of reach.
  • I'm having the same chronological problem and can't find where you would change the sort setting. Also agree with Stragus about the colour scheme.
  • I'm having the same chronological problem and can't find where you would change the sort setting. Also agree with Stragus about the colour scheme.
    Same here.
    I do like it overall, but some color would be nice so it is not so hard on the eyes.
    Katie
  • My eyes are also drawn to the number of comments column. The size of the numbers and the black colour stands out to me more than anything else on the screen. I personally feel that the amount of comments isn't as important as the comments themselves, yet this columns seems more visual.
  • I tried on a desktop and the pale blue text over a white background isn't much better.

We don't seem to be able to vote a thread up/down from within the thread anymore. The separation between threads/posts is also just a thin pale horizontal line, it could use more contrast.

Personally, I liked the previous color scheme just fine.
  • The 1st comment has the vote up down for the forum post. All the others are for that comment.
    Just below the 1st comment. It says x comments sorted by Vote - Date Added
  • @Markyd7
    Where? Screenshot in Firefox 33.0:
    http://www.bricksync.net/owlforum000.jpg

I don't see votes or options to sort the posts.
  • Nope, not seeing that at all. May just be me though.
  • I'm also on a tablet and desktop firefox and see same as Stragus
  • @Markyd7
    Where? Screenshot in Firefox 33.0:
    http://www.bricksync.net/owlforum000.jpg

I don't see votes or options to sort the posts.
    Yes that image looks different but I think yours is in highest vote order rather than date added.
    Would post an image but it's not letting me.
  • I'll take a look at some styling during the week. The out of order comments will get fixed.
  • Have now looked at the forum with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari (iPad)
    The version on my iPad is the only one that has voting for each comment not just the forum post and it also has sort by Vote and Date.
    If only I could get it to post an image!!
  • Not real fond of it. Is this the first "change for the sake of change" or was there a functional reason to do so?
  • That's a bit rude, this isn't BL. I made a seperate post about it, it's an update to the forum software, which was done for security reasons.
  • That's often an issue with reusing software rather than "reinventing the wheel", as some like to say... Stuff can break when updating any component, and it's painful to expand beyond built-in capabilities.

Well, I'm sure you'll have it fixed in the next couple days! Good luck. :)
  • That's a bit rude, this isn't BL. I made a seperate post about it, it's an update to the forum software, which was done for security reasons.
    Sorry, was not intending to be rude, merely querying. It did seem a bit daft to just do it willy nilly. However I took a look around and I did not see any comment from you about security. But the sort thread feature does seem to a be a little off so perhaps I missed it.

Thanks for stating the reason here. :-)

• Can add an image at last.
    If had individual votes for each comment (now gone)
    And sorted by votes / date added (also gone)
  • Oh that's neat. I don't see the voting up/down of posts either.
    Maybe its still in the works, on FireFox when I clicked your image it loads at the top but the page itself doesn't reload. since your post is down a ways I have to scroll up to see the picture.

Tested on IE just now and the picture does not enlarge at all. You can tell I hovered over the image but clicking brings no action.

Chris
  • Confirmed on FF. Page does not auto-scroll back up for what appears to be a new page load.
  • I think maybe new posts WITHOUT yet replies are not getting a new tag. I logged into the forum to find about 10 bold face messages, 3 with a new tag. After reading a newly tagged message, the bold faced non tagged new ones all became un-bolded.

Make sense?
  • edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The pale blue text on a pale gray background, for threads that have already been read, is still somewhat annoying... Could we have a little more contrast?

The horizontal lines between posts are also practically invisible.