Public Note with HTML

I noticed today that my lots imported from BL that have a hyperlink in the public note (comment) field are rendering differently when browsing store inventory and when looking at order details. In store browsing, the HTML is stripped, leaving the link text, which looks pretty good. However, in the order details, the HTML is all displayed, although its escaped and not a clickable link. Can you apply the stripping in the inventory display to the order details page?

On a related note, is there a policy (or an opinion, since we don't have many policies yet) on clickable links in inventory public note fields? I was looking at the store option to add multiple custom BO pages, and I thought that might come in useful if you wanted to provide buyers extended information about one lot, or a group of lots. Seems like this is currently prevented.

On another tangent, maybe create an option for BL import/sync to handle comments/remarks in different ways.
Option 1 (existing): comment --> public note; remark --> private note
Option 2: comment || remark --> private note
Option 3: comment --> not imported; remark --> private note
Option 4: comment --> not imported; remark --> not imported

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Stripping now applied to the order details page.

Although your example of clickable links would be fine in your store linking to a page in your store, it will be a pain to allow that, but prevent people linking to silly stuff. Do you just want to do this for the issue of part variations? If that is the case, on every single item that may be a variation, I intend to put a warning saying the store does not differentiate, it could be this or this, here is a help page explaining variations.

The last point has gone on the list

• Thanks, the variations is the first thing that came to mind, so if you have a solution in mind that takes care of most of my need. The other thing I was thinking of was maybe more of an "extended description" page where a seller may want to create a back story like the history of a collectable set or a MOC gallery of build ideas possible with certain parts. I agree allowing hyperlinks would be tough to manage, but maybe a drop down selector that lets you choose existing store pages and inserts the link to that page in the item listing. Low priority, but something that would allow sellers to extend the platform in creative ways.
This discussion has been closed.